The Calvin Swallow Residence entailed the restoration and rehabilitation of the 1874 building in conformance with National Park Service, the Massachusetts Historical Commission and Boston’s South End Landmark District Commission. The building had been vacant and abandoned for more than 15 years. The scope of the project consisted of a full exterior restoration which includes new slate roofing, re-construction of the cornice lines, repair and mostly reconstruction of the ground level storefront windows and door, repair of the oriel window and masonry repointing. On the interior, Haycon restored the stairs and railings and constructed six apartments on the top three floors. The ground floors are offices.
Architect: Haydon Design